Search Engine Optimization - SEO
Submit your webiste to search engines
Download and Install Google's Toolbar to see your site ranking (from 1 to 10)
Don't forget to add meaningful description, keyword and title tags
The words you use inside your title, description and keyword tags must also appear in the content of that page, otherwise web crawlers will "ignore" them.
More info on this topic | Meta-tags
General Website Guidelines
- -Create a site map page that links the important parts of your website
- -Try to use text instead of images to display important names, content, or links.
- -Make sure that your TITLE and ALT tags are descriptive and accurate
- -If you want Google to index dynamic pages then avoid the ? (question mark) symbol for urls
- -For more guidelines go here
Use a text browser such as Lynx to examine your site
Lynx for windows | Linx Home page
View a online discussion on the differences between Lynx and web crawlers
This also will give some insight in how web crawlers work.
- Use the robots.txt file on your web server.
Crawlers read this file to know which directories can or cannot be crawled. For more info on how to configure this file go to http://www.robotstxt.org/wc/faq.html